Instagram continues to update and change their features, making it an increasingly popular social media platform. In this post, we'll show you how to add music to your Instagram Stories and Reels. This can add a fun element to your posts and help you stand out from the crowd.
1. Open up Instagram and press the + icon in the top right to add content
Then, choose Reel or Story
2. Once in the Reel screen, you see that "Audio" is the top of your options.
Click on "Audio"
3. This brings up music for you to search and choose from!
Music is sorted by category, there is a "New Music" section, and you can import your own audio via your phone.
Pressing the play icon beside any song allows you to preview it.
4. Choose your song, and then finalize your choice by selecting the part of the clip you want.
Click "Done" in the top right corner and you'll be back on the screen to record your reel!
Or click the trash can icon to choose a different song.
5. Post your content and get that sweet engagement!
Make any other adjustments to your content like filters, speed, or layout, then get to recording and posting.
Stories and Reels with audio get a tonne more engagement than those without. So now that you know how to add audio, go try it right now! The great thing is you'll gain more and more confidence as you try it, and who knows... maybe you'll start the next viral trend?!